Our client is in search of a Patient Service Representative to join their team. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for greeting patients and families, collecting & entering demographic, insurance information, collecting payments associated with services rendered and reconciliation of daily services in addition to other duties.
- Responsible for promptly and positively greeting patients and families, while assuring an efficient check in process and telephone encounters ;all according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Verifying accurately entering essential patient information into the hospital registration and scheduling system with a 90% accuracy.
- Reconciliation of daily services to include collection and processing of payments received, schedule follow up appointments, & enter diagnosis codes according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Other areas of responsibility may include answering telephones, daily maintenance voicemail retrieval and accurate message transcription and follow through, distribution of mail, and clerical duties as assigned.
- Daily maintenance of patient records and provider schedules while following HIPPA guidelines
- Practical knowledge of computers
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years related healthcare, registration, physician billing, medical records and/or medical office experience preferred.
- Previous customer service background required
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.