We are representing an O365 Engineer position for a Management Consulting Firm in Detroit, MI
The O365 Engineer is responsible for performing system, application and engineering tasks associated with deploying and managing the O365 environment. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of O365 deployment and administration, as well as prior experience with Office 365. The individual must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with very little supervision.
- Support the management, configuration, deployment, testing and operations of messaging and collaboration platform and systems.
- Day-to-day management of the messaging system including but not limited to, documentation, testing, configuration changes, topology updates, account and distribution list management and problem resolution/trouble shooting.
- Plan and coordinate updates, outages, maintenance windows, and any other activities that could impact the availability of the messaging system.
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications.
- Maintain and optimize system performance and efficiency through monitoring, analysis and performance tuning, maintaining documentation.
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to resolve any problems.
- Act as subject matter expert on all aspects of the Microsoft Office 365 Cloud platform
- Maintain and administer Office365 (mailboxes, AD sync, etc) and archiving.
- Maintain and administer Mobile Device Management & Mobile Application Management using Microsoft Intune.
- Report progress to supervisor, including the preparation of weekly status reports.
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets escalated from the Helpdesk.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (preferred) or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years O365 experience in an enterprise environment with deep understanding of core O365 technologies and services.
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft core server platforms (Windows, Active Directory, Group Policies, Hyper-V, Exchange).
- 3+ years of experience working with one or more of Microsoft Office 365’s services – Exchange, SharePoint/OneDrive, Skype for Business, or Yammer highly preferred
- Experience with public cloud technologies (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Microsoft Intune is required.
- Ability to integrate O365 with other systems to enable key workflows and business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of email databases, logs, mail routing and protocol support.
- Experience managing e-mail gateways and policies.
- Experience with other messaging solutions such as anti-virus/anti-spam appliances and or applications archiving solutions.
- Experience with federation services such as ADFS/AADC.
- Knowledge of various industry compliance and regulatory information security standards.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Technical experience with Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer tool.
- Ability to create custom PowerShell scripts and commands for automation.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Capacity to successfully manage and prioritize simultaneous requests from start to finish; Ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Ability to function in both team and independent work environments.
- Must be able to work full time in an office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.
- Must be available to participate in weekly on-call rotation and monthly maintenance windows
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.