We are representing a Messaging Engineer position for an Alternative Investment firm in Chicago, IL.
- Good written documentation skills and demonstrable experience of documenting systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate to all levels of audience and structure messages in keeping with the listeners experience, background and expectation.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and ever evolving business and technology landscape.
- Ability to collaborate and work with team members in and out of the Messaging environment spanning multiple geographic sites and various lines of technology platforms.
- Ability to organize task and set priorities with minimal supervision while raising awareness to issues or conflicts before it impacts deadlines and goals.
- Detail-oriented individual who can manage his/her own time.
- Experience with and wiliness to follow a strict change management and incident tracking process.
- Passion for providing outstanding support for inbound incident tickets, as well as foresight to keep things running smoothly by utilizing monitoring systems such as SCOM; must know when to work independently, and when to escalate.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a scientific approach to problem investigation and resolution.
- Disciplined in operating in a secure environment without standing admin access and the ability to develop workflow following strict security guidelines and best practice
- Participate in Tier-3 monthly on-call rotation and proactively monitor e-mail communications to the Messaging distribution list.
- Experience in Financial sector preferred.
- Regular work hours are 7am CST – 4pm CST, Monday through Friday, with additional hours during the week and on weekends if necessary.
- Must be solid in email exchange (4 + years)
- Manager is looking for a senior level resource with experience working hands on
- 4+ years of relevant, hands-on experience supporting the following technologies in an Enterprise Environment:
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 2010
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 or Microsoft Lync 2013
- Active Directory
- Enterprise Vault 12 or 11
- PowerShell scripting
- Secure Email Gateways (any of MS O365/EOP, Cisco IronPort, Symantec Messagelabs, Proofpoint, Mimecast)
- Windows Server 2008(R2)
- General understanding of the following:
- BES12 or BES10
- GOOD Work or Good For Enterprise
- ADFS and DirSync
- Certificates, DNS, DHCP and GPOs
- VB scripting
- Windows Server 2012
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.