We are representing a Messaging Engineer position for an Asset Management firm in New York City
- The individual will be part of a small messaging team that provides engineering and support for a 3000 mailbox hybrid email environment (both O365 & on premise).
- Responsibilities include back end management and support for both platforms, level 2 & 3 end user support, and assisting with the mobile environments.
- The engineer will handle day-to-day operations of messaging systems, compliance solutions, as well as participate in architecture and design of the infrastructure.
- Support and maintain Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Office 365 in a hybrid configuration
- Provide support to mobile infrastructure Good/Blackberry server and Good Dynamics environments.
- Perform messaging system maintenance, upgrades, performance monitoring and health checks.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve messaging problems.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve mobile messaging problems
- Coordinate and setup secure email communications with partners.
- Act as a liaison to developer to assist with messaging and mobile related issues
- Support end-users with messaging and mobile related escalations.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation for messaging support.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Exchange and related technologies.
- Experience with Office 365 migrations and hybrid model including Azure AD and Azure Active Directory Connect
Understanding of Exchange 2010/13/16 High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- In depth knowledge of Exchange 2010/13/16 Transport and Routing.
- Understanding of Exchange 2010/13/16 Client Access Protocols.
- Understanding of perimeter security for messaging.
- Strong technical knowledge of SMTP, MAPI, DNS, LDAP and TLS/SMIME.
- Scripting knowledge with PowerShell is preferred.
- Experience with email antivirus, antispam, backup and compliance products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of instant messaging platforms; Cisco Jabber and Good Connect
- Knowledge of mobility solutions; Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good Enterprise Server, and Good Dynamics.
- An understanding Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM).
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.