We are working with a vertically-integrated real estate developer and builder in Philadelphia who has become a go-to firm for ground up, luxury residential buildings. They are working on one of Philly’s most exciting new developments and seek an MEP Project Manager to help oversee the design and construction of the mechanical and HVAC systems for three, 12-story buildings, a $44M project.
As the MEP Project Manager, you will be responsible for the technical delivery of the mechanical systems by managing the MEP consultant team, as well as the consulting architecture and trade teams, in an owner’s rep capacity.
- Oversee the design, and provide all necessary quality control, of the mechanical and HVAC systems, provided by the MEP consultant firm
- Act as the liaison between the developer, the consultant teams, and the trades
- Carry out design reviews prior to the issue of technical documentation
- Monitor financial performance of the project
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that and that the firm is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc.
- Must have between 8-12 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and HVAC experience
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Broad Mechanical Engineering and building systems experience (preferably on ground up, new construction buildings)
- Good experience with BIM tools such as REVIT
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.