We are representing a senior-level Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing estimator with a general contractor and developer in New York specializing in ground up, slender hi-rise structures, gut renovations, and interior fit outs across a wide range of industries. They built the tallest hotel in New York! The Senior MEPS Estimator position reports directly to the Senior Estimating Manager. The primary responsibilities include the delivery of properly organized estimates, budgets and schedules, including managing risk. The Senior MEPS Estimator will be responsible for accurate quantity surveys, preparation of subcontractor and vendor work scopes, quote analysis, and estimating the cost of self-perform work. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. The Senior MEPS Estimator must be able to meet critical deadlines, accurately obtain quantities for building components and will work as part of a team.
- Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present.
- Aid in developing full-scope cost estimates based on proposal documentation on a variety of bid build, design build and EPC projects for various public and private clients.
- Develop an estimate for conceptual, schematic and design development states of pre-construction by soliciting specific pricing from vendors and/or sub-contractors.
- As a team member, develop the initial project plan and project execution schedule.
- Perform research for means and methods, materials, costs and construction techniques and services.
- Perform accurate quantity take-offs.
- Produce an accurate estimate of labor, material, equipment, subcontractors and general conditions.
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for all Mechanical/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Electrical/Technology/LV System (MEP) items incorporated in the assigned scope from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Discuss project approach with pursuit team, operations, safety and quality to better estimate each project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related field from an accredited institution and 10 years estimating & cost control related experience and/or training.
- Must know all disciplines of the trade including; HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection.
- Ability to estimate all MEPS trades.
- Ability to develop conceptual plans and budgets.
- Familiarity with New York City Trade Contractors.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes.
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task.
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and meet them.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented and technically sound with good communication skills.
- A Strong work ethic is a must.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.