Our client is a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair and operations products and services. With over 50 years of experience, they provide clients with access to over 1 million products. Their office is in New York however, this role will offer a remote work from home set up when you are not on the road visiting clients and nurturing relationships. The book of business this position will manage is valued at just about $5 million dollars, with the largest accounts in the Allentown/Redding area and the remaining 3 or 4 accounts between 60 & 90 minutes away from that area.
- Develop and lead the strategic account plan to improve market position and overall profitability within Mid-Market Key Account customers through cross-sell and up-sell activities.
- Own and grow a distinct client base of approx. $5 million dollars
- Build and foster relationships to maintain current book of business, with annual uplift
- Strategically map out and plan your approach to grow each account
- Meet your clients and be in regular contact with them by phone
- Master knowledge of our business product suite, key account value proposition, competitors & clients to provide excellent service & maximize sales
- Establish productive, professional relationships with strategic business leaders
- Build and manage a robust pipeline and prepare accurate sales forecasts, new growth ideas and contingency plans
- Meet required KPIs and ensure your activity meets or exceeds standards and expectations
- Continually improve your product and industry knowledge to ensure the best support can be offered to your clients
- Contribute fully to achieving the personal objectives set by your manager
- Maintain high customer satisfaction for all services, functions and experiences
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated track record of success in sales and marketing preferred with two years in industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales experience.
- Demonstrated Medium ($500K – $5M) Sales Experience Success
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com experience
- Willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong background and demonstrated success in selling profitable solutions or services.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.