We are representing a Real Estate Private Equity fund formed in 2009 focused on Acquisitions, Asset Management, Development, and Lending in the New York Market. Young Entrepreneurial environment. Cool office space with kitchen/modern space. Seeking: Candidate must be able to do controller level work but also be OK with bookkeeper type work such as processing rent, AP, AR.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Scan/Download all bank statements on the 3rd/4th day of the month for all properties bank statements for the month ended and save to respective property folder.
- Complete checking and savings bank reconciliation in Yardi and manually on each property workpaper.
- Save and post Yardi Bank Reconciliation. Save bank reconciliation report in each property workpapers’ folder.
- Mortgage Reconciliation
- Save all mortgage statements upon receipt from the mail or from online banking website.
- Complete manual mortgage reconciliation in each property workpapers and save.
- Record any other items, and expense items found on statement. Such as interest earned, real estate taxes paid etc.
- If mortgage statement disagrees with books due to unknown charges or adjustments, reach out to bank to rectify discrepancies.
- Reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Deposit all rent checks and track accordingly in Yardi
- Prepare Tenant Arrears Report for weekly property meeting
- Profit & Loss Reports for each property for the period closed (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Review and adjust for any mistakes, add notes for any costs for any out of the ordinary expenses.
- Arrears Follow up/Accounts Payable
- After the 5th of each month, Delinquency reports to be reviewed
- Tenants with rent outstanding, to be charged a late fee as per the terms of their lease and to be contacted via Email/Phone.
- Follow up with tenants who have not submitted rent since 1st initial contact and to be followed up every 3 business days of non-payment.
- Bill Processing
- Review approved invoices that are submitted (for compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures) and book to Yardi/ QuickBooks.
- Booked invoices will be scanned and saved to respective vendor folder on Dropbox.
- Establish/follow bill processing and payment schedule
- Checks are to be sorted alphabetically, and separated by property ownership
- To be submitted with Checks, is a register showing, total being paid from property along with current bank balance.
- Prepare Quarterly and Annual property budgets for approval
- Entering day to day activities, close monthly books
- Undergraduate degree, concentration in finance or real estate preferred, but not necessary
- At least four years of experience in commercial real estate accounting
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently to and within established time frames.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially in EXCEL), Quickbooks and Yardi
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.
$75,000- $100,000 base + $5,000- $10,000 bonus (flex)