We are working with a well-known law firm in the downtown Philadelphia area. Currently, they are looking for an Insurance Defense Paralegal to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a Paralegal role, with experience working within Insurance Defense. This position offers stability, a full benefits package and one of the city’s best working environments.
- Interview and screen clients; prepare summarizing documents
- Request, organize, summarize and itemize
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare, serve and compile discovery requests
- Schedule medical exams
- Communicate with experts, medical personnel, law enforcement officers, etc
- Communicate with insurance carriers, opposing counsel and courtroom staff
- Summarize depositions and attached exhibits
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as summonses, pleadings, discovery requests, motions, notices and pretrial orders, etc.
- Attend site, accident or vehicle inspections
- Assist the attorney in trial preparation, including witness preparation, organizing exhibits, preparing exhibit lists and coordinating witness appearances
- Assist the attorney in the courtroom during trial by taking notes, marking exhibits and serving as a liaison between the witnesses, trial attorney and other firm staff
- Maintain the schedules and calendars of the supervising attorneys
- Perform any of the job duties of a legal assistant, as requested and/or required
- Experience filing documents within Federal, PA and NJ Courts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within Insurance Defense
- Associates Degree Preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.