We are representing a Infrastructure Project Manager position for a Management Consulting Firm in Detroit, MI
- Serve as project communication clearinghouse for all formal project status reporting, managing project change controls process, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
- Develop and maintain all project management deliverables throughout the project lifecycle, or be accountable for their completion if others are responsible
- Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan and actively manage, communicate and escalate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage interaction between stakeholders, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
- Manage work to the schedule and set appropriate and realistic expectations with stakeholders, and manage those expectations pertaining to changes and updates to progress, schedule, and scope
- Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work
- Participate in the technical conversation between engineers in the workstation, virtualization, server, and networking spaces
- Follow guidelines set forth by Enterprise Architecture and Technology Program Office
- Support the strategy of desktop-as-a-service, enabling BYOD, rollout of MDM/MAM, set up of vendor-outsourced laptop imaging, demand fulfillment, and network contract management
- Maintain and update necessary documentation
- Coordinate/lead communication and governance routines, as required
- Ensure resources, dependencies, and risks and issues are managed and communicated
- Follow through and follow up with regard to all tasks, elements, integrations, work packages, stakeholders, team members, partners, etc. for the project
- Lead and provide work direction to project team members, vendors and partners to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project and its stakeholders.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field
- PMP preferred
- Expertise in SDLC and project management with technology projects, using waterfall and iterative project execution frameworks
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrixed resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across various business units
- Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
- Analytical and critical thinking skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
- Collaboration, consensus building and developing relationships to influence team members, vendors, and key customers to align on common vision and strategy
- Superior organizational, time-management, negotiation, influencing and communication skills (verbal and written) and experience leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Passion for managing large scale projects/programs that impact a large user base and leveraging strong logistically coordination capabilities to ensure high-quality end-user experience.
- Ability to be a champion for change and continuous improvement within technology and the business.
- Responds to and/or handles escalations received from management or customers in a timely fashion, ensuring issues are resolved or escalates as appropriate
- Must work full-time and primarily out of the Southfield office. Travel up to 20% may be required.
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired.
- Experience with supporting and/or rolling out BYOD and/or MDM/MAM
- Experience with outsourcing / vendor management of network contract management, laptop imaging and fulfillment
- Experience with cost optimization in areas of WAN, corporate issued phones and collaboration (specifically Skype for Business)
- Ensure end-user requirements are clearly understood and implemented in and implemented by identifying opportunities and leading initiatives that focus on improving internal processes and customer service performance
- Understand requirements on the vision and roadmap on End user space.
- Ability to identify and co-relate competencies under End-user technologies stack and architecture.
- Experience in implementation of VDI (VMware/Citrix) systems including XenDesktop, XenApp, VMware ESX experience, VSphere,Citrix Cloud, VDI on Cloud such as AWS / Azure, Amazon WorkSpaces
- Experience in implementing Mobile computing, mobile device management (Airwatch, VPN & RSA) and mobile application management services.
- Experience with End-user experience monitoring tools.
- Experience with implementing wireless networks and knowledge of wireless network architecture and industry.
- Experience with Service design and transition, providing advice and assisting with end-user computing, hosting and infrastructure designs, deployments, build and configuration.
- Experience with Asset Management (Hardware and Software) lifecycle processes, policies, and procedures.
- Experienced with enterprise rollouts preferred, ideally in the end user space (End user refers to the following, for example: OS Migration (windows 7 to windows 10), PC Hardware Refresh, Large scale rollout of new devices or conversion of devices, Modernization of refresh activities (automating the way refresh is conducted), Office 365 rollout or other Office upgrades, VDI implementations, Citrix implementations/upgrades, Asset Management project experience)
- Experienced with enterprise rollouts, preferably in the end user space*
*End user refers to the following, for example: OS Migration (windows 7 to windows 10), PC Hardware Refresh, Large scale rollout of new devices or conversion of devices, Modernization of refresh activities (automating the way refresh is conducted), Office 365 rollout or other Office upgrades, VDI implementations, Citrix implementations/upgrades, Asset Management project experience
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.