Our client is a premier global law firm with roots that date back over 100+ years. They are recognized as a top firm in the areas of intellectual property, litigation, regulatory and government affairs, securities, and transactional law. Today they employ 1000+ team members across their offices, with their NYC office being one of their largest. This role with work closely with Associates & General Counsel, will offer the ability to learn and take on more over time, and will pay a base salary up to $95k + bonus.
- Partner with HR Managers to effectively investigate and resolve employee relations issues
- Develop an understanding of business units and employment needs in order to serve as a business partner.
- Assist with staff compensation & administration, including drafting job descriptions, pricing new positions, determining promotions and assisting with the administration of annual salary increases
- Assist with leave administration matters, i.e- return to work plans, etc.
- Identify departmental training needs and assist with preparation and/or delivery of training sessions
- Work closely with Managers and other Generalists to ensure consistency in the interpretation, communication, application and administration of firm policy
- Conduct reference and background checks to ensure clearance prior to extending offers of employment
- Oversee new hire orientation for NY staff
- Respond to requests of staff & provide them with general information and/or direct their requests to the appropriate department
Assumes additional responsibility as assigned
- Proficiency with computer and reporting systems, including Microsoft office products and HRIS (PeopleSoft experience, desirable)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in HR, with at least 2 in a generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in related subjects
- HR certifications high preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.