Company & Position Highlights
Our client, a multi-strategy, multi-manager hedge fund is looking for an Operations Associate to join their team. The firm trades globally and across multiple asset classes and investment approaches. This position sits in close proximity to the traders and focuses on all aspects of Middle Office and Operations from execution through settlement. The successful candidate with have 5+ years of experience within a Middle Office and/or Operations role.
- Trade allocations, affirmation and settlement for listed and OTC products, daily reconciliations (positions, activity & cash), processing of corporate actions, option exercise/assignments, etc.
- Monitor third party counterparties/partners (execution platforms, prime brokers, fund administrator) to ensure settlements and accuracy of NAV.
- The position will work closely with all aspects of the firm including traders, accounting, risk and IT.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting and 5+ years of experience in a hedge fund or financial services operations role is required.
- Solid knowledge of full trade life cycle for various product types including equity, credit, FX and structured products.
- Understand OTC affirmation and settlement process. (CDS, OTC, FX)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). VBA knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Imagine Software, Bloomberg, Electronic trading platforms and Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.