Fund Transfer Control Receipt Specialist: The Control Receipt group is the central point for receiving and processing manually instructed wire transfers. Media used to instruct manual payments include original letters, memos, faxes and email. The Control Receipt Specialist is responsible for authenticating each manually instructed payment in accordance with Firm policy and each client’s profile. S/he serves as the first point of escalation in cases where instructions cannot be authenticated in accordance with policy, procedures and/or client profile. Various tasks performed by this position include logging, interpreting, authorizing, authenticating, batching and reconciliation of manually instructed items.
- The specialist must process items accurately and within established time frames to be successful. Below are some of the functions handled by the specialist:
- Authenticating – The specialist must review authentication documentation prior to performing any call back to the client. They must ensure that the documents are in place and make the call according to the written procedure. As this step is in place to prevent fraud, it is an important part of the process.
- Problem Resolution – When unclear instructions are received, the specialist should research the item and look to resolve the issues. – The specialist should feel comfortable escalating items to their supervisor as appropriate in order to reduce risk and ensure the correct steps are taken to resolve the issue.
- Client Relations – As the specialist performs many callbacks throughout the day directly to clients, it is imperative that they provide superior client service through excellent verbal communications as well as written communications when appropriate with the client or employee. – Build and maintain relationships with clients, coworkers and correspondents at all levels in order to be able to provide excellent client service and quality responses.
- Process Improvement – Specialists should question inefficient processes and make recommendations to their supervisor on how to improve the process.
- Risk & Control – All specialist must adhere to firm policies particularly those related to Funds Transfer and department procedures.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and skills (general and technical) – Demonstrated PC skills
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training)
- Professional client service skills
- Understanding of payment format convention
- Ability to interpret client instructions
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.