The Atlantic Group is in search of a Fixed Assets Accountant. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all fixed asset activity is accounted for accurately and timely, including interaction with the Company’s business units and Corporate Finance.
- Coordinate communications and fixed asset requirements between the business units, Corporate Finance and Corporate IT.
- Timely and accurate processing of monthly fixed asset transactions including additions, retirements and transfers.
- Ensure all fixed asset interfaces and other areas are processed/prepared timely and accurately.
- Reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the business unit general ledgers.
- Monthly preparation of fixed asset rollforward information and related reconciliations.
- Interaction with external and internal auditors.
- Assist with executing special projects.
- Assist with development of reports and other information to support Airgas business units and Corporate Finance.
- Ensure consistent application of Airgas policies and procedures.
- Assist with report and system testing (quarterly software patch testing).
- Escalates non routine issues to Supervisor.
- Responsible for various accounting related efforts in support of the Airgas business units and SAP Accounting System.
- Analyze balance sheet account balances and changes.
- Support departments, regions and Centralized Accounting Group (CAG).
- Perform other assignments and projects as requested by supervisors.
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Strong internship experience in related field.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.