The FF&E Specialist will work closely with the principal of Interiors in the specification of contract furniture systems for various commercial interiors projects. The Specialist will prepare, update and correct drawings, presentations, graphics; design; CAD design/drafting; furniture, fixture and accessory specifications; furnishing, color and material boards; model making; FF&E sourcing; resource organization; and general computer skills.
- Work closely with the Director of Interiors
- Curate the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Explore opportunities, future collaborations and product enhancements with new vendors/suppliers
- Assist with concept presentations and verbal presentations as necessary
- Create rendered plans / section elevations using Revit and CAD
- Assist with GC finishes, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, millwork details – specifications and organizing
- Maintain and organize the design library
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a design or design-related field is preferred
- 3-7 years of design and management experience
- Expert in furniture history, industry and Iconic pieces / designers
- Detailed knowledge of FF&E products, suppliers and manufacturers available in the marketplace, with a good sense of manufacturing techniques and commerce
- Proven ability to design, prototype and launch new custom pieces
- Experience in compliance with architectural and brand interior design standards and regulations is a plus
- Superior taste, excellent color sense, and great passion for design
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within two business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.