We are representing a senior-level Mechanical Estimator position with a family owned manufacturer of vent and mechanical equipment. The Estimating Manager will be responsible for not just running a department, but for cultivating new business and nurturing existing core clients.
- Communicate with general contractors, mechanical contractors, and owners as needed
- Renew bid list, organize plans and specifications to perform takeoffs
- Maintain and regularly update bid calendar as well as coordinate with sales team regarding upcoming projects
- Estimate equipment and costs required to provide material in the sale of commercial HVAC products
- Review construction websites, contractor FTP sites, K-12 and university bid sites for upcoming projects
- Establish key relationships within the industry
- 7+ years estimating related industry experience
- Detailed understanding of mechanical drawings and written specifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and PDF software as well as AutoCAD
- Understanding of Salesforce and other CRM’s are a plus
- Experience with mechanical/plumbing equipment, including boilers, water heaters, pumps, HX’s, boiler flue, generator exhaust, grease duct, and exhaust fans
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.