The Director of Technical Accounting and External Reporting will provide technical accounting support to the business and corporate accounting, document key accounting positions, serve as the technical accounting subject matter expert with respect to the company’s accounting policies, SEC filings and emerging accounting issues from the FASB and /or SEC and oversee the external reporting compliance function. This position will have as a direct report, the Manager of External Reporting, and will report directly to the Vice President, Controller.
- Oversee company-wide technical accounting consultation via research on and analysis of complex accounting issues, applying relevant technical guidance and interpretation.
- Full documentation and communication, including recommendation, of accounting treatment to finance personnel across the company.
- Continuously monitor, document and communicate the development of new accounting standards, interpretations, and emerging guidance to the finance organization, including current and future impact on the company.
- Specific areas of interest are revenue recognition, business combination, equity, goodwill and other intangible assets, strategic partnerships and restructuring / exit costs.
- Manage reporting and filing process for Forms 10-Q and 10-K and other external reporting; oversee work of Manager of External Reporting and act as backup for electronic SEC filings.
- Field technical accounting queries from audit firms and external agencies; key point of contact for external auditors.
- Oversee, implement and maintain the company’s accounting policies and monitor compliance; work with the VP/Controller to lead policy initiatives, such as adopting the new revenue recognition standard.
- Assist in the financial policy transition and accounting of newly acquired businesses.
- Assist and review financial-related press releases and assist Investor Relations in preparing for quarterly earnings releases and conference calls.
- Provide training on new or existing accounting standards to company employees.
- Assist Controller with oversight of Sarbanes Oxley process.
- Assist with oversight of the monthly close process and related improvement initiatives.
- Oversee income tax process including coordination with third party tax preparers for filing returns and recording the tax provision within the financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA certification required.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience applying GAAP accounting and SEC requirements, including minimum of 6 years auditing experience within a large, multi-national public accounting firm (e.g. Big 4); experience in a publicly held company preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with tier-1 and tier-2 financial systems preferred.
- High degree of technical proficiency, including specific experience leading complex accounting research activities in revenue recognition, required; prior experience with business combinations, valuations, and equity is preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.