We are representing a Director of Sales & Business Development opportunity for a 60-year-old, $90M Long-Island and Westchester-based general contractor, restoration consultant, and emergency-services contractor. The Director will be responsible for managing, motivating, and inspiring a 10-person sales team to strengthen existing relationships and build new ones in the public-sector and healthcare markets. You will also be the head of all PR and marketing efforts.
Position & Company Highlights
- Coach, direct, counsel team on overall performance; define expectations and monitor progress to achieve assigned targets
- Lead teams in developing the winning strategy for each territory
- Assist company in expansion and diversification of public-sector and healthcare clientele
- Identify qualified opportunities through the development of strategic relationships with end-users, architects, engineers, developers, and owner/operators
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting, sales goals for the team, and create standard operating procedures for business development
- Company is headquartered in Long Island and this role will be based out of this office
- This is a coaching role, the Director will not carry a personal quota
- Our client is looking for someone who can reinvasion current practices and develop a plan for increasing market share in the commercial space, there is a strong history of work with K-12 school districts and the intention is to diversify in other municipal and civil sectors (libraries, courthouses, etc) as well as medical sectors (clinics, labs, hospitals)
- This is not a remote position, the office is open and, while they practice safe distancing and regularly clean and disinfect the space, they expect the person in this role to come to work Monday-Friday
- 10+ years of experience in sales, with 5+ years of sales management experience
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.