Atlantic Group is representing a high-end Plastic Surgery client in the Philadelphia area who is looking to hire a Director of Nursing.
- Performs nursing care during office hours; accompanies patients to examining rooms; takes initial history; prepares patients for procedures.
- Explains procedures to patients and answers their questions.
- Assists physician during minor surgical procedures performed in exam rooms. These included but are not limited to: Excisions, cosmetic revisions, earlobe repairs, liposuction, laser procedures, Botox and collagen or other filler injections.
- Performs procedures independently, as wound care, suture removal, and nasal splint removal.
- Meets physical and emotional needs of patients, and contributes to overall patient satisfaction.
- Instructs office patients in pre-op and post-op instructions. Dispenses medication as prescribed by the physician.
- Returns patient’s telephone calls and makes notes of phone conversations for patient chart.
- Provides support to patients and their families by maintaining contact with community nurses, physicians, implant manufacturers and pharmacies.
- Telephones surgery patients the day before to answer questions, review medical history, and re-enforce instructions.
- R.N. Degree.
- Experience in the plastic surgery field helpful.
- Good communication skills and flexibility in dealing with different personalities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- CPR Certification required. ACLS preferred.
- Membership in national plastic surgical nursing association encouraged, along with AORN.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.