The Director of Financial Reporting is responsible for all aspects of the financial and Securities and Exchange Commission reporting for a publicly traded company. Ensures that reports, filings and documentation comply with company’s regulations, professional standards, and SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines. Being a Director of Financial Reporting confirms that entries, transactions, and accounts are accurately and properly consolidated and are included in internal and external financial statements. The position will oversee technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. The Director of Financial Reporting also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures and related Sarbanes Oxley preparation and testing activities.
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and Annual Report, including all financial statements, footnotes and disclosures.
- Assists in the preparation of other SEC filings such as registration statements and DEF 14A.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, and Nasdaq rules and regulations.
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Coordinates, directs, plans and executes the financial reporting component of the external audit.
- Conducts, supports and assists with the internal audit function and the initial implementation and ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Leads all financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and other compliance bodies
- Support day to day accounting and GAAP consolidation efforts between US and OUS companies
- Support financial and accounting IT/software package evaluation, design and implementation
- Supports tax filing and transfer pricing efforts as needed
- Liaison with other members of the finance department, internal legal counsel and external independent auditors as needed.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting, US GAAP and internal control process.
- Experience managing SOX and internal control/audit programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Excellent project managerial, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA, active license status required.
- Seven to ten (7 – 10) years’ experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.