We are representing a $1 billion+ private 10-person real estate development firm doing large-scale mixed-use projects in Westchester & New Jersey. The Principal of the firm is looking for a right-hand Director of Development to lead the execution of a couple mega-projects ($500+ million TDC), and several smaller ground-up Multifamily projects (100-200 stick-built complexes). They are experiencing exponential entrepreneurial growth and would benefit from the addition of an established real estate development leader from a more institutional shop.
- 10 years of experience as an operating company
- Deep network of high-net-worth individuals as committed capital partners
- Per above, in the development process for two MAJOR area-changing projects in Westchester and New Jersey — and a large pipeline of additional projects in queue
- Entrepreneurial firm and mentality, sky is the limit
- Work alongside the firm’s CEO to execute the development execution (entitlements, rezoning, team-building, and construction oversight) for more than a handful of mid & large-scale projects
- Assist with the “institutional-ization” of a growing entrepreneurial real estate development company – processes, systems, structure, etc.
- Be the outward facing face of the company’s development activities and the internal leader of the development team – and acquisitions staff
- Leverage deep relationships with stakeholders in the development community, ideally in Westchester & New Jersey
- Grow a team as needed that you will manage
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Real Estate, or related
- 10-20 years of experience leading the development processes for large-scale development projects, ideally in Westchester and/or New Jersey
- Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and high-level communication skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.