We are representing a Director of Acquisitions & Leasing for an entrepreneurial tight-knit development firm focused on value-add Industrial assets in New Jersey. They currently have ~2 million sf of portfolio, with an additional ~500,000 sf in the pipeline. They are looking for someone with substantial relationships and real estate acumen that would lead to off-market 20,000-200,000 sf industrial investment opportunities. This person would also work alongside the Director of Property Management to add value to the existing portfolio through strategic re-tenanting and lease negotiations.
- Well-capitalized 25-year-old firm
- Tight-knit group of young professionals (~10 people); very team-oriented – everyone wears several hats and helps one another with specific missions
- Mix of both Class A and Class B value-add and core industrial; firm was one of the first movers in this space 20+ years ago
- Strong track record of success and positive reputation
- Leverage existing relationships to uncover and identify attractive investment opportunities for the firm
- Lead the due diligence, underwriting, and approval process
- Participate in the business plan creation of each investment, including the value-add component of the existing portfolio
- Work closely with the Director of Property Management as it relates to all lease negotiations and capital improvements across the current and future assets
- 5-12 years of experience in the New Jersey real estate market, ideally in the industrial space
- Depth of relationships with the New Jersey brokerage community, both investment sales and commercial leasing
- BS in Finance, Real Estate or related strongly preferred
- Emphasis on cultural fit within an entrepreneurial, all hands-on-deck, collaborative work environment
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.