We are representing a Director of Interior Design position with a global real estate development and management company. The Director is responsible for overseeing various interior tenant-improvement projects across the firm’s extensive portfolio, on schedule, within budget, and in collaboration with the Design and Construction Group and third-party consultants.
- This is an extraordinary opportunity to shape the design of premier, Class A office properties across the country.
- You will be joining an employee-centric company with a legacy of 120+ years, currently managing 600+ properties around the world.
- You will be working directly under the VP of Design, a venerable design guru and resource.
- Lead, manage and monitor interior design projects such as tenant build-outs, office pre-builds, common corridors and restrooms, amenity and fitness facilities, and lobby renovations, with focus on quality, efficiency, marketability, costs, schedule, and sustainable design.
- Manage the design team architects, interior designers, and engineers and any related consultants liaising with internal departments, tenants when required, and any state or city agencies that may have jurisdiction.
- Assist in the creation of specifications, scope narratives and design criteria; administer consultant RFP/bid process and selection; negotiate and manage contracts; monitor project budgets/schedules.
- Present designs internally to communicate progress and obtain authorization to proceed.
- Review design analytically for appropriate design standards.
- Manage consultants’ design development toward consistency with the company’s and the project’s standards and requirements.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, as well as reporting and mitigating deviations.
- Track and execute milestone completions as may be required by various agreements associated with a development or design project, as well as initiating related notices.
- Assist in definition of project objectives and priorities.
- Budget reporting for purposes of project approval, tenant (or other) allocations, requisition approvals, as well as any project-specific reporting needs.
- Together with the Construction Department, review contractor’s execution of work through completion of project, including change orders, requests for information and any other phase of the contractor’s scope of work needed for the timely and budgeted completion of a project.
- Minimum 6-8 years commercial real estate interior design experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years architecture or interior design firm experience.
- Experience with Class-A office a must; exposure to other property types (i.e., mixed use, retail, and multifamily) highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the construction process as it relates to design, both in terms of relative cost and constructability.
- Experience leading a team of 2-8 people, required, including third-party consultants.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.