We are representing a Digital Design Specialist, with a focus on BIM software, for a dynamic, international MEP engineering firm, specializing in mixed-use, ground up projects. The firm works with the most sophisticated architects on the planet and have the kind of drool-worthy projects that all engineers hope to win: sports stadiums, museums, major entertainment centers, tech spaces… it’s expansive. They want to add to their gorgeous New York office a Digital Design Specialist who will help deliver digitally-produced design concepts to their clients. The emphasis will be on Revit models, but they use about eight programs on the regular.
- Assist the BIM Manager and Regional Discipline Leader to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows.
- Evaluate complex engineering workflows with the intent of developing automated solutions.
- Design, scripting, and utilization of BIM related tools for the implementation of those solutions.
- Work with design engineers on projects of various scales in the built environment.
- Define application integration opportunities in the common data environment.
- Assist in defining digital design strategy.
- Provide technical training & leadership in the use of digital design using computational tools and scripts.
- Bachelor’s degree in BIM, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Experience using one or more of the following: Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit API, Dynamo, Python, Visual Studio (C#) FLUX.
- Demonstrated working experience in a consultancy environment with a focus on BIM or digital design.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident, proactive character with the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Innovative and creative thinking, always on the lookout for ways to improve.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.