- Work closely with portfolio managers, traders, and IT professionals to provide superior trading technology capabilities and support to a range of predominantly hedge fund systems.
- Creating and managing standardized desktop images and applications packaging; physical setting up for computers and software system installation for various applications and programs.
- Be the on-site presence to test computers and all related computer systems, networks, telecommunications and applications to ensure they are functioning properly. Identifying and resolving problems affecting computer operation systems. Escalate to Systems Engineering, Network
- Engineering staff as required.
- Do first level troubleshooting before escalating to Network Engineering staff to resolve networking issues, set-up portals, connect to switch or firewalls, ensure effective networking operations, maintenance and support.
- Upgrading computer hardware and software as required.
- Troubleshoot and assist with Telecommunication related issues.
- Training staff on the use of computer hardware, telecom and software systems.
- Ensuring incident ticket requests are closed on time and with high satisfaction.
- Perform duties on rotation-based schedule.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 plus years’ experience in providing Desktop IT Support with-in a sophisticated Trading Floor environment, where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of the organization. Proven ability to support trading professionals, VIPs as well as collaborate with all levels of IT staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise strong technical and business judgment in mission critical IT support functions with-in financial services trading environments.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills must have an abiding curiosity and interest in IT.
- Driven to provide superior support. Demonstrated a true ownership mentality to service and problem resolution.
- Willingness to be on-call on a scheduled basis; or as sometimes required work long hours to resolve client issues.
- Experience in working in hedge funds, Fund of Fund or Private Equity firms; smaller organizations where ability to learn a range of technologies was required; and/or client facing/field service roles are all a plus.
Technical skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Win7/10, Active Directory and Exchange essential- Expert in creating user accounts in Active Directory- creating distribution lists, global contacts in Exchange, etc.
- Experience with iPhones, setting them up and troubleshooting common issues.
- Strong understanding of market data platforms i.e. Bloomberg, EzeOMS, HedgeServ etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010-2016 required.
- Working knowledge of networking routers, firewalls, switches such as Cisco, Citrix and Pulse Secure SSL VPN.
- Working knowledge of Cisco UC Systems, IP Phones and Turrets.
- Working experience with PowerShell Scripting and Automation.
- Experience with creating batch files for scheduled jobs. .
- Working knowledge of spyware/malware removal tools and techniques.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.