The Research Analyst/Data Scientist will contribute to the data and research efforts of sources in creative ways to enhance the performance of our investment platform using concepts from decision science, cognitive science and quantitative finance.
- Be a data scientist/research analyst on a quantitative research team that focuses on applying decision science to analyzing investment decisions and developing investment strategies
- Work on assembling and analyzing datasets from disparate sources. Develop processes to specify best sources, format, and delivery mechanism of data.
- Work closely with team members to code research (e.g., backtesting software) and production (e.g., trade file creation) processes.
- Research and build quantitative decision models for investment strategies.
- Write efficient, modular, and dependable code, packages, libraries, and scripts.
- Document all work extensively (e.g., custom Python libraries or R packages).
- Stay abreast of new research in statistics, machine learning, and social sciences.
- Strong quantitative skills including statistics (particularly multivariate analysis and time series forecasting) and/or machine learning and/or computational social science.
- Experience working with large, structure/unstructured datasets.
- Degree in social sciences with quantitative emphasize (or 1-5 years of full-time work experience using applying statistical analysis).
- Advance degree preferred. Exposure to finance a plus.
- Prior experience in research labs or research projects in the following areas – psychology, cognitive science, sociology, decision science is a strong plus.
- Have strong programming skills in SQL and Python/R.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.