We are representing a Data Team Lead position for an Alternative Investment firm in Boston, MA
- The Data Team Lead is responsible for strategy, design, and implementation of data storage and access platforms for quant research and production processes.
- Data is at the core of everything we do and we are constantly looking at ways to integrate new and innovating data sets that come in many different forms.
- Lead a growing team of data engineers in design and development of data storage and access platforms
- Coordinate access to new datasets with research teams
- Develop patterns and a process for onboarding new datasets that a researcher can implement
- Design and implement storage for data across MS SQL, mongodb, and future technologies
- Collaborate in architecture and evolution of data pipeline from raw to production
- Build and own a data environment that is robust, high-quality, and provides fast access
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical, production environment
- Leadership and visionary skills to shape and grow a team, and advance our data ecosystem
- Proficient working in python (preferred), JVM, or other non-database centric programming language
- Understanding of multiple data storage technologies: SQL, NoSQL, HDF, and beyond
- Experience working with transformation and storage of quant financial data
- Exposure to ETL or other data pipeline tools is a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux environment
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.