This position is multi-faceted in its scope with the primary focus being on supporting structured data and platforms. The role scope will include client, data warehouse and actuarial data integrations resulting from new deals and associated production support tasks for ongoing operational processing of data as well as data governance quality and exception handling.
- Analyze and understand relationships in large data sets using Microsoft Excel and SQL and document in a way that is easily explained to other departments or clients for both new requirements and data exceptions resulting from governance processes.
- Collaborate with multiple departments as well as developers in IT to troubleshoot production issues quickly and effectively in order to minimize disruption in day to day business processes.
- Maintain updates of the data validation process, working closely with data sources as needed to resolve issues.
- Design ad hoc SQL scripts to correct data management issues and work with data sources to resolve customer issues and maintain high quality interfaces
- Perform integration testing and regression testing, troubleshooting any issues that surface and clearly communicating identified issues to stakeholders. Execute detailed mapping and testing around structured data files (transition and valuation) to ensure all data is complete and correct.
- This role will primarily be responsible for managing several data files at once, managing each data files life-cycle through its initial validation and database loading and communicating that progress to stakeholders.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications. Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Execute on data related production support tasks including quarter and year end close activities, regulatory reporting, updating documentation as needed for knowledge transfer.
- Support the IT Project Manager in understanding new taxonomy requirements, governance, training, workflow initiatives, access control and testing.
- 2-4 years direct work experience in a data analyst or operational role in the life insurance domain.
- Experience with data analysis highly desired. A strong understanding of comparing actual data to a set of expected data (with large sets of data in Excel).
- Understanding how to assist clients and other users through editing data sets to correct issues/troubleshooting.
- Excellent ability to define patterns and trends in data to easily determine causes for data related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to query and manipulate data through Microsoft XL and SQL. Experience with Access a bonus.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Understanding of prioritization and analysis of requests as they come in to coordinate work to be completed in a timely manner
- Understanding of software environments needed as part of the SDLC.
- Degree in computer science or business administration required.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.