We are representing a Data Developer position for a Private Equity firm in New York City.
- Seeking a full time data analyst/developer to work on a number of data integration and reporting projects.
- Initially the resource will take over the maintenance, support and ongoing enhancements to an existing data pipeline/warehouse/tabular model and associated PowerBI reports.
- Will build new aggregations of diverse data sources into a single repository and the generation of reports and adhoc queries on that data.
- Will support existing data pulls and integrations from SharePoint, iLevel and other Cloud-based systems using .Net APIs.
- Tasks will include basic data modelling and table design, importing, cleansing, transforming and validating of data through manual and batch processes, data manipulation and cleansing of large excel spreadsheets, SQL querying and pivot table/chart creation in excel against the data source. Candidate should be comfortable with very hands on manual data management tasks, and may need to work closely with temporary resources doing data input to help improve efficiency and data quality and to streamline ingestion of the data. Subsequent projects will expand on all of these responsibilities, as well expanding into the areas of enterprise data modelling, data integration, business intelligence and analytics.
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Excel skills including report generation and VBA coding in Excel
- Strong data modelling and database design skills
- SQL server administration experience. Understanding of managing Microsoft SQL Server users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring
- Experience with PowerBI, tabular models in SSAS and DAX
- Understanding of OLAP design and reporting, MDX querying, and knowledge of MS SSAS
- Knowledge of ETL tools and approaches, preferably SSIS
- Visual Studio and .Net/C# Coding
- Source-code Control (preferably TFS), including for database and reporting projects
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, python, PowerShell
- Understanding of database diagnostics, query optimization and tuning
- Good Business Analysis skills
- Financial Services experience
- Experience with Data governance, implementation of data quality processes and metrics
- UML Modelling
- 3 – 6 years years’ experience
- Experienced and comfortable working in a number of different development environments, including but not limited to agile
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.