We are representing a multi-billion-dollar Canadian based investment management firm seeking a Liquid HY Credit Senior Investment Analyst / Principal for its NYC or Toronto office.
- Firm has C$330+ bn in investment assets which span Private Equity, Real Assets, Active Equities, and Capital Markets / Factor Investing
- C$1bn currently committed to HY strategy w/ expectation of an additional commitment of C$2-C$4bn over the next year. Firm participates in both the primary and secondary markets in US High Yield. Stressed/Discounted HY securities are part of that secondary market opportunity set, and the portfolio contains such positions, however, Distressed HY is not explicitly part of the mandate and not a focus for the team.
- US HY strategy has outperformed Bloomberg Barclays HY index by over 200bps since inception. The objective of the US HY mandate is to outperform by at least 100bps over a mid-term horizon (3-5 years). Given advantage of permanent capital – firm is able to take a longer term, fundamentally oriented view in evaluating opportunities.
- Lead team of 4 individuals fully dedicated to the strategy; additional analytical support/occasional staffing from industry teams focused on other NA Leveraged Credit
- The primary role of the analyst is to cover HY issuers across sectors, lead diligence / research, generate sound credit & investment recommendations, present ideas to the investment committee, monitor portfolio investments
- This analyst will represent the strategy both internally and externally. Individual will be expected to maintain dialogue with sales/research on the street, work collaboratively with others and take on more responsibilities over time.
- 3-7+ years of buy side credit experience required
- Strong research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills w/ a strong sense of absolute & relative value and event driven investing; proven track record of success
- Significant high yield deal execution (running credit diligence end-to end) and evaluation of HY bond term sheets and indentures; deep understanding of multiple complete sub-sectors of the North American liquid HY market
- Significant relationship management experience including primary responsibility for managing external stakeholder relationships (banks, law firms, other co-investors, management / owners of companies)
- Has an international perspective and instinctive “nose” for investments, including where the next trends and opportunities lie for exceptional returns
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.