We’re looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join our team. We offer a full and robust benefits package within a growing industry! In this role, you’d primarily support the area of corporate governance and SEC regulatory/shareholders matters. The position requires the employee to have a comprehensive understanding of corporate governance and securities.
- Supervise maintenance of records of Board of Directors’ meetings and corporate records.
- Prepare and disseminate information resulting from actions of the Board of Directors.
- Supervise maintenance of computer database of general corporate records, including corporate bylaws.
- Research corporate governance issues and monitors developments in corporate governance and related guidance
- Prepare drafts of agendas, memos and other materials for Board and Committee meetings.
- Conduct due diligence for NYSE governance-related required filings.
- Monitor compliance with federal securities laws regarding reporting of share ownership and clearance of securities for sale under Rule 144.
- Provide a wide range of services, such as assisting with the preparation of documentation for general legal matters (including condemnations) and state reports and performs legal research.
- Assist in handling miscellaneous corporate legal matters, including providing general support to Corporate Secretaries.
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 5+ years of Paralegal experience within governance and/or SEC reporting in a large law firm or public company environment.
- Experience working with multiple software programs
- This position requires employee to be able to manage and coordinate complex group projects involving multiple disciplines within the Company and its affiliates/subsidiaries.
- This position requires the employee to have well-developed legal research and writing skills, organizational skills, project management/coordination skills and the ability to balance a heavy workload while meeting various deadlines, the ability to handle complex issues, and comfort using various computer programs.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.