We are working with an office-space developer in the co-working space. They are developing office spaces all over the country and seek an APM to help with their large-scale renovation projects for their seven+ NYC locations. This developer is known for their highly-curated, beautiful, sophisticated office design. They care a lot about the way their spaces look and feel. This is a great opportunity to get involved on the ownership side, with a company that is entrepreneurial and growing.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Construction in new construction, renovation, and tenant improvement projects across all current and future locations across in New York. You will assist on various sites daily, and work closely with their developer’s in-house design and finance teams.
- Assist in on-site walk-throughs to ensure contract performance, safety compliance, and quality
- Control with the intent of delivering commercial projects on time
- Interface with design team, architectural and property management staff to ensure that all construction related items are coordinated and completed
- Ensure necessary insurances, certificates and licenses for construction are maintained in accordance with local laws and/or jurisdictional requirement
- Assist in reading and understanding floor plans and updates/changes to the plans
- Work on bid leveling on multiple projects at once
- Collect and distribute relevant COIs for all projects
- Coordinate owner vendors with landlords and general contractors
- Assist in completing RFPs
- Organizing and completing vendor payments, in coordination with the finance team
- Follow up on RFIs and submittals with relevant parties
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project or portion thereof
- Sit in on all relevant conference calls and meetings, take minutes and distribute to different departments
- Data entry when needed
- Administer document control procedures for all construction related documents
- Minimum 1-3 years construction management experience, preferably in commercial construction
- Knowledge of architectural, structural, MEP, Procore systems
- Construction/field experience and project management skills
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communications
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.