We’re hiring a Communications Specialist for a rapidly growing organization in the pharmaceutical industry. This role will be a critical team member who will support the execution of the organization’s overall communication strategy.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on innovative content creation to support internal and external communication strategy.
- Act as day-to-day point of contact for initiatives.
- Design and develop a monthly internal newsletter: management of editorial calendar, curation, creation and approval of content.
- Maintain key communication content (e.g. brochures, overview presentations, posters).
- Plan, develop and execute internal messages announcing significant company milestones.
- Write press releases, media pitches, internal communications, bylined articles and social media posts.
- Update the website through WordPress.
- Act as a liaison between company initiatives and industry conference points of contact on abstract submission, confirming speaking opportunities, ensure preparation of slides and key messaging.
- Act as a liaison for the contracted Public Relations team on media relations, social media and communication solutions required to bring greater awareness to initiatives solutions and recommendations.
- Act as key point of contact for the media email inboxes – triaging requests as appropriate.
- Communicate with teams and attend and participate in team calls according to your area of responsibility on initiatives.
- 2+ years of industry experience with a focus on communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or Liberal Arts required
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Exceptional ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely, and the ability to translate complex topics into compelling, digestible stories.
- Experience in executing social media campaigns, both paid and organic (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter). Knowledge of Google
- Analytics and analytics measurement preferred.
- Flexible to changing work priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, WordPress,
- Sharepoint and Excel, as well as experience in tools to create and publish professional communications (e.g. MS Publisher, Adobe Suite, Constant Contact, Page Designer, Photoshop, etc.)
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.