The lead Business Analyst will initiate, organize, drive, and complete small projects or segments of large projects that address business goals and needs. May participate in any or all phases of the project life cycle and is responsible for execution of project tasks in accordance with standards and best practices. The Lead Business Analyst gathers requirements, analyzes data, researches issues, and devises solutions for the project. In addition, they may lead user acceptance testing, training, and implementation of new and existing applications as defined in a project or product roll-out plan. The Lead Business Analyst is results-oriented and understands the impact of the project on the organization as a whole. In addition, she/he may provide guidance for one or several Business Analysts through coaching, resolving interpersonal conflict, coordinating activity, and assigning work.
- Assist Project Manager and Project Sponsor in defining project scope.
- Identify business goals and problems in individual business units and across the organization.
- Perform assessment of feasible solutions and the range of problems they may solve.
- Lead project segment or work stream. Prepare a plan for the work stream plan, including the creation of a work breakdown structure, task assignments, timelines, phases, dependencies, and critical paths.
- Ensure thorough testing of all system changes, including user acceptance testing, regression testing, client testing and parallel/pilot testing as require.
- Document and/or review business requirements gathered from business users, sponsors and clients, and obtain user signoff on the requirements
- Communicate defects to Systems developers. Track delivery dates for defect fixes and maintain status reporting. Escalate appropriately.
- Document Change Requests, provide effort estimates and document business requirements for approved Change Requests
- Conduct business analysis to determine how changing business needs will affect the system or product; clearly articulate the business need and potential solutions with support of insightful analysis and documented evidence
- Identify gaps between business requirements and existing or proposed design solutions.
- Plan meetings, prepare materials, and lead or participate in meetings with business users and sponsors, systems groups, vendors and clients
- Prepare project status reporting and other project communications for internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Lead or participate in client workshops and meetings to identify key issues, requirements, and gaps.
- Based on lessons learned, offers updates to improve best practices, project documentation and standards as applicable.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry or project experience
- Experience using established project management principles and methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all audiences
- Negotiation and mediation skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.