The Case Planner ensures that every therapeutic youth has a behavior plan that addresses individualized behavioral strengths and challenges pertaining to the specific youth. The Case Planner is responsible for giving input into creating, and then implementing and monitoring the youth’s behavior plan. Develop community relationships in order to utilize local resources on behalf of families. Participate in interdisciplinary team model practice, which will involve the Case Workers, Health Services, Voc/Ed Specialist and Preparing Youth for Adulthood Specialists. The Case Planner monitors the Treatment foster home to ensure safety and well-being. This position will require extensive field work.
- Conduct mandated weekly face to face home visits/contact with the youth and the Treatment Parent to perform daily home care, ADL and life skills education, and implementation of behavior plan goals.
- Conduct a face to face contact with newly admitted youth and their treatment parents, within 72 hours.
- Complete required paperwork, including but not limited to progress notes, correspondence, behavior plans and assessments.
- Keep case records up-to-date with the status of case activity, including progress notes on all contacts.
- Provide direct crisis intervention, as needed.
- Collaborate with Treatment Parents, Youth and Case Workers around development and implementation of behavior goals.
- Review and collect weekly behavior plans from the Treatment Parents.
- Attend and participate in all applicable ACS meetings, transfer conferences, Treatment Team Meetings, Monthly Shared Quarterly Meetings and monthly Staff Meetings
- Participate in all applicable Family Team Conferences.
- Attend Preparing Youth for Adulthood Workshops with youth on a rotating basis.
- Work with the Adolescent Services team for the comprehensive service planning for each youth, including education, employment and other PYA skills.
- Locate resources and make referrals as needed.
- Monitor foster parents in terms of their ability to meet the needs of the child in their home, and make recommendations regarding future use of the home, in conjunction with the Home finding Department.
- Support and counsel foster parents in their efforts to care for the child, and include them in the development of the goals and tasks.
- Assist treatment parent with enrolling youth in an after school program/camp or other recreational programs.
- Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution Based Casework: assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
- Actively participate in case consultation, continued SBC training and the SBC certification process.
- Effectively use and practice the Sanctuary Model tools: safety plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team meetings, red flag reviews, treatment planning conferences (or similar), and self-care, when applicable, in the department/program to create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture.
- Promote and model the seven Sanctuary Model commitments to create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture.
- Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
- Respond to 24 hour on call service, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Must have experience working with children and youth and prior experience in foster care is preferred.
- Must be able to engage youth and establish working relationships with all clients.
- Good written and verbal skills necessary.
- Must enjoy working with adolescents.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based, youth development and trauma-informed perspective
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.