We are representing a Business Analysis Manager position for a Management Consulting Firm in Detroit, MI
- Participate in the leadership team for the PMO with BRM leader(s), ITSM leader, and PM Manager
- Coaching and mentoring of business analysts
- Ability to elicit, document, and differentiate business requirements, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases and/or features, epics, and user stories
- Develop test plans, scripts, criteria and/or acceptance criteria
- Provide criteria for and/or create test data to support testing phases
- Support and enforcement of IT PMO processes and systems
- Management of Business Analysis function
- Collaborate on development of standards, processes and tools across the project delivery space
- Develop and support direct resources (3-5 direct as well as contractors and vendor resources)
- Work with BRMs to prioritize requirements for production applications or project initiatives (including backlog grooming, release management prioritization, and sustain tickets review)
- Participate in demand management, supply management and estimating as well as staffing and resourcing decisions for projects and programs
- Collaborate on evaluation of vendors and development of new systems requirements related to business analysis function and/or BA steps in the SDLC
- Support migration from waterfall to agile
- Management of vendors providing technology services and systems the company related to business analysis/requirements engineering/backlog grooming
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field is required; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in Project Management, Business Relationship Management or Business Analysis.
- Membership and/or active participation in business analysis communities (e.g., IIBA chapters)
CBAP certification, preferred
- Experience in an established consulting firm as a consultant is a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in an IT leadership role in application development or other significant exposure to application analysis and requirements specifications and testing is preferred.
- 8 years’ experience in business analysis, requirements engineering, and/or quality assurance leveraging waterfall and agile methodologies
- Process and detail oriented with ability to grasp the big picture. The ideal candidate would be a creative and innovative person with a demonstrated track record of collaboration.
- Must be a polished presenter and have a good executive presence.
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.