This position, as a member of the Business Intelligence & Database team, will assist in the development of our Big Data Analytics Platform. The Big Data Integration specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying data integration solutions on both RDMS and Big Data (Hadoop) platforms. The position will create and implement business intelligence solutions as well as extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions using integration tools, programming, performance tuning, data modeling. The ideal candidate will possess skills for ingesting data into Big Data platform and prepares data for consumption and analysis (Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, HBase)
- Learn area’s direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Architect, design, construct, test, tune, deploy, and support Data Integration solutions for Hadoop (MapR) and MPP (Spark) solutions.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence team, Data Engineer and Data Scientist to achieve company business objectives.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
- Research and experiment with emerging Data Integration technologies and tools related to Big Data.
- Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development, processes, standards, and error recovery procedures are deployed; ensuring a high degree of data quality.
- Assist Users/Analysts with the development in MapR and Spark
- Develop, write and implement processing requirements and post implementation review and performance tuning
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Design & Implement ETL solutions utilizing Informatica Big Data Management (BDM)
- Create logic, system, and program flows for complex systems, including interfaces and metadata
- Write and execute unit test plans. Track and resolve any processing issues.
- Implement and maintain operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Participate in the review of code and/or systems for proper design standards, content and functionality.
- Participate in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Analyze files internal, external and 3rd party systems and map data from one system to another
- Adhere to established source control versioning policies and procedures
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals.
- Communicate status of work assignments to stakeholders and management.
- Responsible for technical and production support documentation in accordance with department standards and industry best practices.
- Maintain current knowledge on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- 6+ years of experience building and managing complex Big Data Integration solutions in Cloud
- 6+ years of experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments.◦MS SQL Certification or other certification in current programming languages a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.