We are representing a senior-level, Associate Director of Electrical Engineering opportunity with a global MEP firm that also boasts a strong reputation in building performance, sustainable building, acoustics, lighting, water, civil, and structural engineering services to boot. One of the results of having such a strong a reputation is getting to work on the most exciting, dynamic, visible projects in the world. As the Associate Director of Electrical Engineering, you will work closely with the firm’s clients, architects, and other internal engineers to oversee the production of design drawings, electronic models, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, and project schedules.
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BH policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with client commitments
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain an overview of the project team’s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilization
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- 10+ years’ experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry, particularly for larger-scale commercial and industrial buildings
- Experience with wide range of projects, including the design of the following systems: Power Distribution, Emergency Lighting, Generators, Fire Alarm Systems, Utility Coordination, etc.
- Experience dealing with Plan Check and obtaining electrical design approvals.
- Understanding of ICT and lighting design specifications
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Chartered membership of a professional institution.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the building codes
- Broad electrical design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and lighting design software, such as AGI or DIALux.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Experience working on international projects, a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.