We are representing an Application Support Analyst position for an Alternative Investment firm in Boston, MA
- The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and stability of business systems and infrastructure managed by the Application Support team.
- The candidate will be involved with investigating and resolving issues as they arise, proactive monitoring of critical systems under their control, providing on call or out of hours support as the business requires, and DR tests as and when needed.
- You will also assist Development teams in testing bug fixes and enhancements to current systems.
- 1st and 2nd level application support for business systems with escalation to software development, technology teams, end users or third parties as appropriate.
- Recording and taking ownership of issues using ServiceNow or Jira system and following through to successful resolution
- Ensure business systems are operational during core business hours
- Analyzing the risk & impact of various tasks and prioritizing them
- Supporting the end user to ensure continuity of the development, UAT and Production environments.
- Test and implement bug fixes or enhancements in Dev, DevOps, Test and Live environments
- In charge of Disaster Recovery scenarios.
- Monitoring business systems
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are up to date in the knowledge base and are available for use by all members of the team.
- Implementing change controls on the production estate.
- Prepare and distribute release notes
- Work with internal and external auditors.
- To excel and add-value to all aspects of this role.
- Ability to provide concise, technical reports to management upon request.
- Provide on call or out of hours support as the business requires.
- Strong SQL scripting skills, any experience with Unix is also desirable
- Experience with IBM MQ
- Exposure to Database: Oracle, SQL Server (SSIS & SSRS desirable)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: UNIX or Linux and Windows
- Applications – experience in or support of trading, portfolio management, risk, settlements, and reconciliation applications.
- Experience with .Net development is desirable but not essential
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.