We are representing an Ancillary Specifier position within an office furniture dealer in New York City
- Responsible for all ancillary requests on any RFP’s.
- Meet with clients and Architects at times to recommend products
- Work with Design Specifier to review all pricing once received back from vendors.
- Research and become familiar with many of the ancillary manufacturers product lines and make suggestions on alternate products.
- Generate pricing from vendors including all COM’s, specials, freight, fuel surcharges, and other pricing associated with the selected product line.
- Requests special pricing from vendor; understand level of discounting, and payment terms.
- Creating questions to be sent back to the team on any products
- This role will be responsible for inputting specifications into CAP.
- Provide product alternatives to improve margin and chance of winning; gain approval to provide substitutes from A&D or customer with sales assistance.
- Provide comprehensive, organized bid response including any required product materials, brochures, warranties, LEED information, etc. to Benhar marketing for inclusion in formal response and salesperson for discounting.
- Maintain records of discounts received from vendors, margin of proposed product, and bid success per product line and report to sales leadership on success rates and margin analysis for wins vs. losses.
- Create detailed bid notes on all RFP’s.
- Makes recommendations to sales people on ancillary product needs and options.
- Maintain preferred vendor “go to” list as developed by sales leadership; develop over time “go to” product solutions by product/application type.
- Provide ancillary spec checking to other project management teams
- Proficient in CAP 20/20
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest in design and interior aesthetics
- Ability learn new technology
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.