This company is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Meeting Management and Travel Services Department and provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions. A typical Administrative Assistant acts as information and communication managers for an office.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of the unit and follows up on pending matters.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages.
- Types correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff.
- Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, gathers and summarizes data to prepare complex, non-standard reports.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors.
- Routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the unit’s function.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company’s policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Orders office supplies.
- Prepares and processes payments and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.