The Acquisitions Associate supports the transactions group during all aspects of the real estate investment process. Key areas of responsibility include market analysis, financial modeling, cash flow analysis, lease review, assistance in evaluating deal structures and due diligence activities for new acquisitions.
- Perform detailed financial modeling incorporating discounted cash flow analysis, direct cap method, sales comp analysis, various debt scenarios and sensitivity tables; Underwrite office, multi-family, retail and industrial investments located in the United States.
- Analyze IRR projections, Promote calculations, Waterfall structures and Cash Flow forecasts.
- Utilize AE/ DCF software to project property cash flows through rent, expense, tenant cost and other global assumptions.
- Prepare acquisition materials including but not limited to Capitalization tables; Net asset value analyses; Implied Cap Rate analyses; future cash flows; Consolidated debt overviews and net present value analyses for public and private real estate operating companies; Investment Committee memos, Debt proposals, Go Hard memos, Post-Closing material and any other necessary documents needed as part of the acquisition process.
- Review of financial packages as needed.
- Conduct market research including market rents, sales comps and operating costs analysis.
- Physically inspect properties across the United States for possible acquisitions.
- Manage due diligence process and assist in the disposition process.
- Develop relationship with potential joint venture partners or brokers for acquisitions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or related field is strongly desired.
- 4-6 year’s work experience in commercial Real Estate.
- In-depth understanding of financial modeling including cash-on-cash returns, IRR analysis, waterfall structures and discounted cash flows.
- MUST be proficient in Argus Enterprise and Excel.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.