Our client, a top tier alternative asset manager, is seeking a Valuations Associate in their NYC office.
- Perform valuation analyses on private equity, real estate and non-performing loan portfolios using comparable companies, comparable transactions and discounted cash flow valuation methods
- Maintain and monitor the asset portfolios by periodically communicating with portfolio companies’ management and the investment team to understand how the latest macro-economic trends
- Present and support the asset portfolios’ holding value to the Firm’s Valuation Committee and to the CFO
- Assess financial impact by Fund of holding value changes for the asset portfolios
- Monitor and review the asset P&L
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- 6-8 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 4 years with a major independent Valuation firm or Big 4 Valuation team.
- CFA required or in process.
- MBA preferred.
- Financial modeling experience, including working experience with projected cash flows, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement reconciliation, discounted cash flow models, etc.
- Experience reviewing Operational booking is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.