Seeking a Tax Director in a financial firm in New York, NY
- Review Federal, State, and Local partnership and other tax returns.
- Develop and work on detailed spreadsheet calculations and reconciliations.
- Prepare and review state and local apportionment schedules, including an annual review of the rules for each applicable jurisdiction.
- Coordinate compliance and correspondence with tax authorities. This includes reviewing the relevant tax files, recommending appropriate action, and composing any necessary responses.
- Collect data and organize documents for various tax examinations.
- Query internal databases to gather information necessary for various tax compliance issues.
- Research federal, state and international tax issues, and compose memoranda summarizing the findings.
- Maintain tax log/calendar for all entities. As new entities are formed globally, research the various tax issues and required filings based on the type of entity and where it is doing business.
- Prepare and review various tax elections and periodic estimated tax schedules.
- Prepare and review internal procedure/process guides.
- Coordinate with foreign offices on various tax issues.
- Work with experienced tax and accounting professionals on various projects as they arise.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.