Our client is a consulting firm seeking a Systems Engineer in their Detroit, MI location.
- Provide day-to-day systems, server, and network engineering support functions
- Assist in the design and operations of Cloud Platforms – including Azure and AWS.
- Participates in the design and implementation of various new system implementations and upgrades.
- Analyze, report, and advise on various systems and applications performance issues.
- Provide day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various IMS platforms and systems.
- Participate as a key technical resource for current and new systems planning and scoping.
- Participate in the configuration and setup of technology resources for new IMS engagements.
- Participate in the analysis of new software applications, application architecture, and configurations, and participate as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications
- Participate in the creation of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in supporting information systems implementation, support, and monitoring, preferably within (but not limited to) a predominantly Microsoft environment.
- Experience working in and/or implementing “compliance” environments such as SOC2, ISO27001, HIPPA, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Windows7/8, Windows Server OS (W2k8/2012).
- 2+ years of experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux – or similar distribution.
- Exposure working in Amazon’s AWS / EC2 infrastructure
- Exposure working with Hadoop, MongoDB, and other distributed processing technologies.
- Experience with database MSSQL Servers
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.