We are representing Systems Administrator opportunity with an Venture Capital firm in New York City.
We are looking someone that can provide outstanding onsite and remote support for all employees, laptop, servers, mobile devices, and cloud applications.
The System Administrator will report directly to the Director of IT
- Primary contact for all IT support issues in the New York, NY and Boston, MA offices
- Secondary contact for all IT support issues in the Palo Alto, CA office.
- Assess, troubleshoot and solve common helpdesk issues without direct supervision. This includes OS (both Mac and PC), wireless, printing, file sharing, cloud application, antivirus, VPN and hardware issues.
- Assist with the administration of all internal servers, cloud services, and vendor relations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot ShoreTel VoIP system infrastructure.
- Manage the AV systems for the NY and MA offices.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT workflows and systems.
- Administer VMware infrastructure and virtual machines as needed.
- Assist with the updating and creation of IT policies.
- Assist the Director of IT with the evaluation of new IT solutions. This includes staying on top of emerging enterprise technology solutions.
- Work on various projects under the direction of the Director of IT.
- After hours support as needed. (server\network maintenance, employee support, etc.)
- Proactively look for ways to automate repetitive tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT administration.
- Experience in the Venture Capital \ Private Equity industry is a plus.
- Excellent customer services skills are an absolute must. Experience with directly supporting C—level executives required.
- Developed problem-solving skills including the ability to explain technical solutions to non—technical users.
- Deep understanding of Windows 10 and Mac OS X is required. Mac experience must be current (10.12/10.13/10.1X) and in an enterprise environment.
- Expertise in Microsoft’s Office 365 (2013/2016 for PC and 2016 for Mac).
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012 AD core services required. This includes DNS, DHCP, Client, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking (routing, switching, MPLS) or the desire to learn and administer networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to set and prioritize tasks without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Experience with managing mobile devices via an MDM solution preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.