Essential Job Functions: Under general supervision, a Supervising Social Worker is responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Director with responsible and relevant program development; ·
- Providing direct supervision to Case Managers and Childcare Aides; ·
- Providing counseling activities, including crisis intervention to residents; ·
- Facilitating/Co-facilitating and overseeing the content of support groups; ·
- Acting as a liaison to and advocating with outside agencies; ·
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of responsible safety plans, case-plans and required case records; ·
- Providing input for or completing statistical reports as needed; ·
- Assisting in designing and conducting training/presentations and developing resources for staff and members of community from other agencies as needed; ·
- Resolving problems which may arise with staff and residents
- Supervising the activities of student interns and volunteers as needed; · Other related duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in social work and two years relevant work/supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, good oral and written communication skills
- knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse and neglect and sexual abuse,
- bilingual Spanish a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.