Our client is a consulting firm seeking a Server Engineer in their Detroit, MI location.
- Performs daily systems management and tuning, including maintenance and trend analysis of the data center infrastructure.
- Provides day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various infrastructure systems.
- Ensures stable implementation and support of enterprise servers, disk based storage appliances & tape libraries
- Participates in the analysis of new software applications, application architecture, and configurations, and participates as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications for optimal scope and performance.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures
- Solid knowledge of general enterprise IT principles and practices, including experience with both hardware and software architectures.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience with Microsoft XP/Windows7, Windows Server OS.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience supporting a multi-site Windows Active Directory Environment.
- Experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations.
- Experience with EMC Clariion arrays, EMC DataDomain, and fiber channel networking a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.