We are representing a life sciences company that is publicly traded who is looking to add a Senior Internal Auditor to their team. The organization is growing by acquisition and far exceeding goals resulting in the opening of this position.
Highlights about the company and position
- The internal auditor is responsible for conducting periodic reviews of financial and operating activities of the Company, its subsidiaries and other affiliates, to provide assurance to Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors that established policies and procedures are properly applied.
- Obtaining and performing appropriate analysis of data for the audit entity to assess risk(s).
- Developing audit program to address identified risk(s)
- Preparing the audit planning memorandum
- Conducting appropriate audit tests, and ensuring that testing is completed as scheduled and documented in compliance with departmental standards
- Constantly monitoring progress of the audit, maintaining constructive relationship with local business unit personnel, and keeping senior audit management informed in a timely manner of the progress and issues identified during the audit
- Working in a collaborative environment with team auditors’ work to ensure that it was performed in compliance with the program and departmental audit quality standards, providing timely feedback regarding individual performance, and providing direction and timely support to the audit team in all phases of the audit field work, including on the job training when required
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance or related fields.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience or publicly traded company internal audit experience
- CPA is required.
- Working knowledge of business and financial processes and internal controls (GAAP, SOX, etc.)
- Ability to recognize and act on deviations from both GAAP and sound internal control principles is a must.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.