Seeking a Senior Estimator in the Columbia Maryland area.
- Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of plans and specifications and the ability to recognize value engineering opportunities.
- Ability to conceptualize and create construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- Ability to estimate and control design of design build projects.
- Review scope and finalize construction budget for transition to project manager and site team.
- Ability to create a pre-construction design schedule to utilize through the pre-construction process.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in estimating.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project, Insite, and On Screen Takeoff or similar estimating software.
- Knowledgeable with CSI formats and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- Knowledgeable in construction industry, scheduling, contract law, contract types, and contract negotiations.
- Knowledgeable with regional market place, pricing, and subcontractor community.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.